Here’s a summary of the items to be signed and/or submitted to launch your new Scouts BSA troop of girls on February 1, 2019 – you’ll want to collect all of this in advance and put the paperwork behind you — click on the underlined links:
- New Unit Application – Filled out and signed by the Institutional Head (IH) of the Chartered Organization
- Annual Charter Agreement – Filled out and signed by the Institutional Head (IH) or the Chartered Organization Representative (CR)
- at least 4 or 5 completed, signed Adult Leader Applications (you need a Scoutmaster, Chartered Organization Representative, and at least three Committee Members, one of whom will be Committee Chair – the Chartered Organization Representative can also be a Committee Member or Chair)
- Youth Protection Training Certificates/evidence and/or Training Attendance Report for each adult leader application
- at least 5 completed, signed Youth Applications, though you and the Atlanta Area Council would prefer to have 10 or more, in order to be less at risk of losing viable troop size – and if you have fewer than 10, plan to submit your recruiting plan for getting to 10 and more.
- payment of $40 as the Unit Insurance Liability Fee
- payment of $30.25 as registration fees for each Youth and Adult Leader (prorated $33 annual payment based on 11 months of 2019, and if you charter after February, adjust accordingly) — but watch your adult registration fees, because many of your adult leaders will be in two units and only need to pay once (in the second, register and recharter as a “multiple”).
For more about starting a new troop, see this District Resource page.