As noted in the prior message, there are some special items that are available for a new troop of girls that launches in 2019 – these items include:
- Free: Atlanta Area Council Scouts BSA girl troop activity patches for all your youth and leaders – wear these proudly on the right pocket of your field uniform shirt. (Design to follow … )
- Free: An inaugural flag ribbon for your troop flag (the troop flag itself can be ordered through scoutshop.org, Item 618633 for $39.99). Remember: if you want the same troop number as your existing troop of boys, use it. Yes, there will some sort of internal / reporting ScoutNet prefix or other designation, the exact nature of which is not known as of 1/12/19. If you want a new number, work with your District Professional to see if it is available, and claim it as they require (forms and such).
- Order your own custom Troop Number Patch (with added text like your Chartered Organization or “Girl Troop”) through scoutshop.org, Item SKU: 18170 for $7.99. See this great example from Atlanta T2019!
- Youth and adults starting a new troop of girls … you’re a “Founder” and can wear the “Founder” patch, available through scoutshop.org, Item SKU: 610129 for $1.79.
- Customized neckerchiefs also are available through scoutshop.org and other licensed suppliers.
- Your unit organizer(s) should aim to receive the William D. Boyce New-Unit Organizer Award. Details are at https://www.scouting.org/awards/awards-central/william-boyce/.
As a place to put the bling, keep an eye out for announcements from the Atlanta Scout Shop (they are on Facebook) and from https://www.scoutshop.org/ for female tailored uniform parts.
While existing stock may work for some, the newly tailored pieces may be better for most.